|RIP Alan Rickman|
Many people have died at age sixty-nine. Today, sadly, it was Alan Rickman, an actor whose art, craft, and “snarlingly withering” voice I greatly enjoyed, now silenced, joining the ranks of the many felled by cancer. Four days ago, it was David Bowie, same cause-of-death. Both great men have unfortunately joined the “sixty-nine” club this week.
Alan Rickman and David Bowie have now joined luminaries and louts who also died at the age of sixty-nine, including:
- Musicians: Louis Armstrong, Clarence Clemons, Lightnin’ Hopkins, and Captain Beefheart
- Actors: Gracie Allen, Jackie Coogan (Uncle Fester), Desi Arnaz, and Jerry Orbach
- Others: Evel Knievel, Aristotle Onassis, Marco Polo, Jimmy Hoffa (unconfirmed), and Saddam Hussein (confirmed, thanks Obama)
Regarding Alan Rickman only, here are links about his passing, and about his career, for your enjoyment:
- Obituary post on www.BBC.com
- Obituary post in the New York Times
- Alan Rickman’s Top 10 moments as Severus Snape…
- Alan Rickman in Les Liaisons Dangereuses
- Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber in “Die Hard”
– the Haikook
PHOTO CREDIT: movie still from one of the Harry Potter movies, owned by Warner, all rights reserved.